We understand your concerns about safety and security and want to assure you that we make every effort to safeguard your privacy when you make donations through our giving system or otherwise utilize our services. Our mission is to help you support any charity, anywhere online – in a convenient and secure manner.
1. General Provisions
We take reasonable security precautions to protect the personal information that we collect and you provide to us. We meet commercially reasonable standards for online payment protection. We use up-to-date industry-accepted tools and technology protocols, including but not limited to, firewalls and encryption, to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration of the information we collect. Network for Good helps to protect your information by working with our service providers who provide a secure and safe environment for credit card donations. Please remember that the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a logon ID or password to access certain services or areas of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this ID and/or password confidential. We ask that you not share such information with anyone or allow anyone to sign-in using your credentials.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we put in place for your protection.
What Information Do We Collect?
As discussed in greater detail below, we collect two types of information: personal informationyou submit to us voluntarily andinformation we collect automaticallywhen you use our Websites or Services.“Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. Personal information we collect may include your name, phone number, mailing address, email address and payment information, such as last four digits of credit card number and expiration date. We outline data we collect in more detail below. We may also collect information such as your organization’s name, your title within the organization, industry type and 501(c)(3) status, and other business information about the organization. We may collect information from you when you use our Websites or make a donation.
When you submit payment information to us via the Websites, you consent to providing your payment information to us and to our service providers processing the donation to the extent required to provide our Services to you. When we collect payment information directly from you, we transmit this payment information directly to our service provider. For donations, we store the last four digits of the card number and the expiration date.
- Contact informationName, mailing address, email address and telephone number
- Professional informationOrganization name, your title within the organization, industry type, 501(c)(3) status, and other business information about the organization
- Account informationContact information as set forth above, username, password, and any other information you choose to include in your profile
- Donation informationBilling address, email address, information about the donation (charity donating to, the amount of the donation), payment information, records of donations, receipts of donations
- Payment informationPayment card number (credit or debit card), expiration date, or other financial account number and account details
- Marketing preferences, marketing activities and customer feedbackMarketing preferences, or responses to voluntary customer satisfaction surveys. To improve our marketing communications, we may collect information about interaction with, and responses to, our marketing communications
- Other information you provide to usFor example, if you write a review of our Services or provide other information to us in the course of your use of our Websites or Services
This information may be provided:
- in the course of communications between you and us (including by phone, email, chat, Website or otherwise);
- when you register for an account and/or fill out an application form;
- when you inquire about our Services;
- when you make a donation;
- when you sign up for our e-newsletter or other materials;
- when you post on our Websites’ publicly available features, such as online blogs or provide your name for a donation; and
- when you report a problem with our Websites or Services
We also collect information from you automatically. Like most website administrators, we use log files that record information such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and page navigation. We gather this information to track website visitor movement anonymously, and in the aggregatefor the purpose of understanding broad usage trends, to measure reliability, performance, and uptime, and to troubleshoot user issues with the website.. Our goal in gathering this information is to learn how our customers and the public are using our Services. IP addresses that are recorded by our log files are not linked to personal identifiers.
From Whom Do We Collect This Information?
We may collect information directly from you. We may also receive personal information from other sources, including from our service providers (e.g., see information below regarding Plaid), any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide (if you use any of them); information we obtain from publicly available sources such as Facebook or LinkedIn; information from public records in order to conduct due diligence or for conducting fraud prevention checks or to supplement your profile (i.e., zip code); information from your employer if you are using our Services through an employer-run program; information from corporate partners if you are using our Services through a corporate partner program.
Links and Third Party Websites
If you elect to use the paperless EFT enrollment process the following additional terms apply:
Please also refer to the Special Provisions below in Section 2 for more information on the cookies we use if you are a donor or a nonprofit.
For all Website users, as you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites; information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type; and other information obtained through third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics.
- Network for Good may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer, to analyze your use of the Websites. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Websites (including your shortened IP address) is transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the Websites, compile reports on website activity for us, and to provide other services related to the Websites and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law, or where third parties process these data on behalf of Google. For more information about Google Analytics, or to opt out of Google Analytics, please go to the Google Analytics Opt Out Settings page.
- We may use third-party vendors, including Google, Facebook, Linkedin, and Bing, in order to show ads on third-party sites across the Internet.
- We may use data from Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting, and thirdparty audience data to help us understand how people find and use our Websites.
- Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, customize Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ads Settings page.
- Visitors can customize their Linkedin advertising settings using LinkedIn’s Ads Settings page.
- Visitors can customize their Facebook advertising settings using Facebook’s Ads Settings page.
- Visitors can customize their Bing advertising settings using Bing’s Ads Settings page.
- Cookies do not allow the Websites to access personal information that you haven’t already provided to us.
How We Use Your Information
- To provide you with the Websites andthe Services that you request and to communicate with you regarding such Services;
- To process your donations and communicate with you and our partners about your donations;
- To respond to your inquiries and to contact you about changes to the Websites and the Services;
- To manage complaints, feedback and queries;
- To send you notices or our e-Newsletter (if you have signed up to receive it);
- To notify you of opportunities for future donations;
- To send you information about our products, Services and other offerings;
- To provide and maintain the Websites, help diagnose problems with the Websites, and to administer and audit usage of the Websites;
- To improve the quality of the Websites and the Services;
- For statistical analysis and internal business purposes such as identifying fundraising trends;
- To comply with legal or regulatory obligations (including in connection with a court order and to meet our reporting requirements);
- To enforce or apply the agreements concerning you (including agreements between you and us);
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
Profiles or Accounts
When you, as a donor, submit your contact information to sign up for a Network for Good Profile, you agree and consent that Network for Good may send you communication relating to our products, or recommended charities. When you, as a nonprofit, submit your organization’s contact information to sign up for an account with Network for Good, you agree and consent that Network for Good may send your organization communication relating to our products, events, or other business information. Please contact us via the methods listed in the “Contact Us” section below to opt out of receiving such communication or you may opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails.
Information You Publicly Post
If you decide to participate in our Websites’ features, such as online blogs, by posting content, you understand that this information is publicly available.
Information You Provide to Social Networking Sites
The Websites allow you to access social networking sites including Facebook®, Twitter®, and LinkedIn®.
How We Share Your Information
When you make a donation via a charity website that subscribes and links to a DonateNow or Fundraising Pages, your full contact information will be shared with that charity. When you make a donation via the Websites, other services, or a partner website that uses our donation processing services, you may be asked what information you wish to be shared with the recipient charity(ies). You may have a choice of: full contact information, name and email address only, or no contact information (an anonymous donation). When you register to participate in an auction, your full contact information will be shared with the charity sponsoring the auction.
Employee giving: We provide employee giving solutions for partner companies. When we are processing donations as part of a specific employee giving campaign on the Websites or a page hosted by NFG, we do share some donor information (such as name, email address, donation amount), but not credit card or financial information, with the partner company to confirm that the donation was made by a legitimate employee. In these instances, the partner company has disclosed its relationship to us through its Intranet, website or employee communications prior to the donation being made.
Our Professional Advisers
We may disclose your information to our professional advisers, including accountants, lawyers, and other professional advisers that assist us in carrying out our business activities.
Complying With the Legal System
Though Network for Good makes every effort to preserve donor and customer privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on our organization. We also may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to conduct investigations of possible breaches of law, to cooperate in any legal investigation, or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating any agreement with us, including our Terms & Conditions.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data to Affiliates or Subsidiaries or in Connection with Organization Change
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us with our affiliates or subsidiaries that require access to your personal information for business purposes.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data to Service Providers
We may use service providers to help operate and improve our Websites, assist us in providing products or services to you, to process and collect payments, to provide analytics, or provide tools we embed into our Websites, products, and services. We may share information we have about you with such service providers, solely for their use to provide services to us. Please be aware that such service providers have their own privacy policies, which govern their use of your information collected directly from you. For a full list of such service providers and their privacy policies, please contact us.
Do Not Track Requests; Third-Party Tracking
Network for Good does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals sent by your web browser because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created. Third parties, other than our service providers (such as our website analytics providers), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior to and after visiting the Websites. That said, we cannot control third-party tracking and there may be some third-party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
Notice to Residents of Countries Outside the United States
No Services For Minors
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. To use the Websites, you must be the age of legal majority in your place of residence. By using the Websites, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence. We do not use an application or other mechanism to determine the age of users of the Websites. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete information associated with a minor as soon as practicable if we learn that a minor has submitted information to us. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us via the methods listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
Accessing, Modifying, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
Notice to California Residents
The information in this section applies to residents of California.
Collection of Personal Information
- What Information Do We Collect? – Categories of personal information we collected
- From Whom Do We Collect This Information? – Sources from which personal information was collected
- How We Use Your Information and Cookies and Special Provisions for Donors and Special Provisions for Nonprofits, Customers and Potential Customers – Our business or commercial purposes for collecting personal information
- How We Share Your Information – Third parties with whom we shared personal information
Your California Privacy Rights – CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights, pursuant to CCPA.These CCPA rights may only apply in certain circumstances and are subject to certain exemptions.Please see the table below for a summary of your rights.You can exercise these rights using the contact details below.
- Right to KnowAs a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and/or sell.To enable us to fulfill that request, we will need toverify your identity.We may ask for certain information to verify the request in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to Request DeletionAs a California resident, you have a right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us. To enable us to fulfill that request, we will need to verify your identity.We may ask for certain information to verify the request in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to Non-DiscriminationAs a California resident, you have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your CCPA rights.However, we may offer certain financial incentives, charge reasonable fees related to your requests, or deny your right to know, or rightto request deletion in accordance with applicable law.
- Authorized AgentAs a California resident, you can exercise your CCPA rights or you can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.We may require that you provide the authorizedagent written permission to submit a request on your behalf and that the authorized agent verifies their own identity directly with us.
We did not sell any personal information to third parties during the last 12 months.We do not knowingly collect any personal information from anyone under 16 years of age and do not sell such information.
Your California Privacy Rights – Shine the Light
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under Section §1798.83, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.If you have any questions about this section, please contact us via the methods listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
Changes to the Policy
- Email: Our Emails
- Mail: 655 15thStreet NW, Suite 650,Washington, DC 20005
- Telephone: (888) 284-7978
Our Terms & Conditions and Services Agreement
- Our Terms & Conditions are available here: Our Terms & Conditions
- Contact Information/Questions: Contact
2. Special Provisions for Donors
The information that you provide is used only to complete your donation, provide you with a donation receipt or, upon request, provide you with a donation history. With your permission, your name and contact information will be provided to the charity or charities you supported through Network for Good. If you do not wish share your name and contact information with the charity or charities you supported through Network for Good or you choose to make your donation anonymously, Network for Good will not share your name or contact information. Network for Good provides a field to include an optional dedication with the donation. Network for Good reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove text from this field before it is provided to the designated charity, for example, if Network for Good deems it inappropriate, offensive, or misrepresentative.
When you create an account with Network for Good you may choose to receive your donation records at tax time and occasional email updates on your favorite charities and The Good Card®. If you do not wish to hear from us, simply uncheck the box on the bottom of the billing page, unsubscribe from a mailing using the “unsubscribe” link, or contact us via the methods listed in the “Contact Us” section above directly.
- Add This Social Sharing: If you use the social sharing features on the Websites to inform a friend about our Websites or Services, you will be asked to provide the friend’s name and email address. Network for Good stores this information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email and will not add your friend to our mailing list.
- The Good Card®: If you purchase a Good Card on our Websites, all ofyour personal information is kept confidential by Network for Good. When the card recipient uses their card to give to charity their personal information is also kept confidential. We do not share the recipient’s information with the charity they choose. The recipient gets the option of letting the purchaser know they have redeemed their card.
Special note on employee giving: Network for Good provides employee giving solutions for partner companies. When Network for Good is processing donations as part of a specific employee giving campaign on the Websites or a page hosted by Network for Good, we do share some donor information (such as name, email address, donation amount), but not credit card or financial information, with the partner company to confirm that the donation was made by a legitimate employee. In these instances, the partner company has disclosed its relationship to Network for Good through its Intranet, website or employee communications prior to the donation being made.
Special note on charities:Each charity has its own policies regarding privacy of donor information. Please contact the charity you contribute to directly to learn about their privacy policies. We will only pass on the information you provide us if you authorize us to do so.
What information is being shared by Network for Good with the recipient charity?
When you make a donation via a charity website that subscribes and links to a DonateNow or any Fundraising pages hosted by Network for Good, your full contact information will be shared with that charity.When you make a donation via the Websites, other Network for Good products, or a partner website that uses Network for Good’s donation processing services,you may be asked what information you wish to be shared with the recipient charity(ies). You may have a choice of: full contact information, name and email address only, or no personal information (anonymous). Network for Good respects donor privacy and only shares information with donor consent.For example, when a donor has asked to remain anonymous, no information is shared with the charity – we simply confirm that a donation has been made.
How can I confirm what donor information was shared by Network for Good with the recipient charity or request corrections?
If you want to confirm information shared with a recipient charity or change your personal information, please contact our Customer Support Team, and a Support Specialist will be happy to help you. If you are looking to get in touch directly with a charity, you can find contact information in Guidestar’s database.
Charitable Solicitation Disclosure
You can read our Charitable Solicitation Disclosure online Charitable Solicitation Disclosures .
Complying with Donor Advised Fund Regulations
Most donations through the Network for Good giving system are processed by the Network for Good Donor Advised Fund (“N4G.ORG”), a section 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donor advised fund, which will distribute your donation to the nonprofit organization that you recommended. However, some donations made through the Network for Good giving system are processed directly by the nonprofit of your choice and not by N4G.ORG. When your donation is processed by N4G.ORG, as required by the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”), N4G.ORG has exclusive legal control over the donations to our donor-advised fund.All donations are final and may not be refunded.In the event that a charity you have recommended does not satisfy N4G.ORG’s criteria for receiving donations (e.g., it has been classified by the IRS as a disqualified supporting organization, it cannot or does not accept donations, is not recognized by the IRS as a section 501(c)(3) public charity, or is not in good standing with federal and state regulators), N4G.ORG will select an alternate charity to receive your donation funds.
Network for Good uses “session cookies” while a visitor is making a donation via Network for Good hypertext links, sometimes referred to as donation buttons. “Cookies” are bits of information that are stored by your browser on your hard drive. We use “session cookies” to help us verify a donor’s identity as they move from one donation page to the next. Information collected by these session cookies is not linked to personal identifiers.